Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The Bargello Adventure.... Begins!

Well, back to sewing! Junk Journals have been fun, but now.. I have made all I need, and... I need  a bed spread for my queen size bed...and the time has come.. I am starting it.. finally!!!  I originally intended to make a block style quilt, but that old Bargello style haunts me and I have decided that is the pattern/style what I want! Something unusual and different (not saying block quilts are common and ordinary, but.. you know what I mean!)

So memory doesn't serve all that well sometimes, thanks to my friends in my sewing/quilting groups,  I have been re-familiarizing myself with the procedure of the Bargello... Bargello is a pattern that shows motion based on how you organize small squares and multiple colors. It is a fantastic view!

4 years ago I made 2. One for my daughter and one for my grand daughter.  So I thought I'd bring those back to life and start my journal of a new bargello story with those...check them out and let me know what you think! I have learned a ton since then, both about bargellos and basic quilting so...I think this time might be easier and look better...or at least as good in a different way!

(click the title to go to the page)





(Click the title to go to the page)


I will be documenting my Bargello Adventure here if you want to follow along. Options to follow are up at the top on the left side bar. So..join and come along with me! Maybe you'll get hooked and want to make one to! The options are endless!

Thanks for stopping by and...keep on preserving those memories!
Want to read more at Fabric and Memories? CLICK HERE

This post is linked to the Linky Party for the day. Click on the "Daily Linky Parties" tab at the top of my page and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Craftsy