Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Harry Potter Quilt...Part 3

Well, if you have been following my blog.. I had the problem of this quilt being to short for my tall grand daughter. I struggled on how to make it longer and have it look "planned" and not just an after thought. Only one idea came to mind and I am not crazy about it.. but then I thought...my second oldest "Potter Head" might like it and she is not as tall as her sister (different mothers!) so it'd be perfect for her at this length. But.. I have to talk with her and in a stealthy, "secret agent" way.. see if she is going to be a PotterHead when she is an adult! So far, I haven't been able to make contact, so... this quilt is going to just hang right here until we have our "summit"!!!!

Here is what it looks like right now.

I just have to add the 2 borders around the whole quilt and it'll be done! Then I have found out that they would rather have a "blanket" instead of a "quilt" in relation to the thickness, softness etc. so I am going to bat with flannel and a cotton fabric back or make the back fleece  and no batting.

Here are some of the blocks I created.

 This one has the tiny face of Harmonie.. I used double sided fusible interfacing to fuse it to the fabric.
 And a tiny Harry Potter on a broom on this one
 A basic HST and squares cut from the print fabric with Ravenclaw crest in the middle




I also did some "sayings" or text off one of the fabrics.. I cut it out, fused double sided interfacing to the back, then fused it to areas on the quilt. I later did a quick stitch to stitch it to the quilt.. I figure with all the use and washing it will get.. the interfacing might wash off.



I will be working on the borders tonight.. hopefully have it done.. then I will be backing it with flannel and no batting to use on warmer nights here in California when you just need a little something to cover with.

Harry Potter Quilt Journey Part 1
Harry Potter Quilt Journey Part 2


Thanks for stopping by and...keep on preserving those memories!
Want to read more at Fabric and Memories? CLICK HERE

This post is linked to the Linky Party for the day. Click on the "Daily Linky Parties" tab at the top of my page and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Craftsy