Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Harry Potter Quilt Journey - Part 2


 Well, so far.. I have the blocks done. I just cut squares of different Harry Potter prints and put them together and mixed and matched and rearranged the squares until I found a pattern I liked. I made HST's out of some some and others used the full 3"x3" square. Here are a bunch of the squares. I also learned... everything doesn't always have to "match" or have to be the same pattern or design of squares. I am hoping by doing them all different.. there will be more things for my grand daughter to look at and enjoy and ... remember!



 These two are the prints I got and cut 3"x3" squares of just the images.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I also cut out the "house" crests of each of the houses the kids were in.. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Slytherin and Ravenclaw.. and then back them with double sided fusible interfacing and the pressed them onto large solid color areas on the blocks. 
 


 Even this little tiny characture of Harry Potter.. I fused to solid areas.


 
 
So... I keep working on the quilt and so far have enjoyed it! It is fun to play with the squares and match colors and images and make each one different!
Thanks for stopping by and...keep on preserving those memories!
Want to read more at Fabric and Memories? CLICK HERE

This post is linked to the Linky Party for the day. Click on the "Daily Linky Parties" tab at the top of my page and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Craftsy