Saturday, September 8, 2018

Memories from the Past Junk Journal Part 1


I am making a junk journal of memories from my past.. starting with childhood. So many memories I know I have forgotten but I want to keep those I remember so I am putting them together.
I am also trying to get out of the structured, organized, in-order "box" I am in.. and trying to teach myself that things don't have to be perfect...just nice, fun to look at or just "there" to be used! I am making this junk journal in signatures, one signature at a time. I am doing good in that chronologically... I am not in order!  I figure... get it down before I forget! However, the signatures are seemingly being put in date order anyway! So that satisfies a little of my "need to be in order" demand... and making it easier to get out of that box!  This is part 1...the first signature of earliest years. Next signature (part 2) will be middle years and so on. I am finding I can make about a decade per signature! And.. if not in order... I don't care! I have the memory and that is all that matters! (I do date the memory tho!) So... hope you enjoy watching this and get some ideas and inspiration to preserve your memories!  Don't forget to subscribe if you want to follow along and leave me a comment if you want to! I would love to hear how you are preserving your memories!

This video is about making a single signature...and finishing that one, and then.. make another. When I have 3-4 signatures.. I will then bind them into a book


This video is "part 1" of how to get your memories on the page... and forget about organization and chronologically correctness! Just get them down!


Thanks for stopping by and...keep on preserving those memories!
Want to read more at Fabric and Memories? CLICK HERE

This post is linked to the Linky Party for the day. Click on the "Daily Linky Parties" tab at the top of my page and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Craftsy