Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Mini Junk Journal featuring Harry Potter

I am making mini junk journals for my grand daughters, to hopefully, encourage them to jot down things that happen in their lives, that can later become a memory. The issue is....they say they don't know what to write, when to write or what to write! I made them larger ones and they loved them, but these issues are what they have told me as to why they don't write in them.
 
So..the mini junk journal is the perfect solution... I hope!     

I will tell them that since the pages are small (3"x2.5"), all they need to do is jot down a few words. Date, place, who. what...that's all. Later hopefully, (lot of hope going on here!) they will remember that when they look back, but more to the point...this will encourage them and get them ready to do more journaling as they get older and use the larger Junk Journals to write their memories.
 
A bit chunky, but alot of fun!
A few of the pages and all the pockets, tags and tuck spots!

 Ink stained doilly, rhinestones, tags and pockets. The ribbons on top are attached to either a paper clip or a tag. Love the mini envelopes!


This mini junk journal is for the oldest of 4 sisters. I tried to make the journals with a theme that each girl likes. I asked them to write a list of things they like, colors, themes, people, times etc.  This is the one I made for the oldest of the 4. She likes Harry Potter so I used that theme. I know nothing about Harry Potter so I got some help from friends on Junk Journal Junkies and did a few things related to that movie.  Then, just added things that she said she liked...burgandy and turquoise colors, retro, vintage etc. 
I also added a special memory from me and a little something from her Great Grandmother that she only  knew for a little while before she passed away. I try to include memories of those loved, here or gone...just to keep the family heritage in their hearts and minds. 

This is the video of the flip through that I did of this mini journal. Check it out, and hope you enjoy it and get some ideas for embellishing a mini for your grand child! Or.. even if you want to do one for yourself...hopefully you will find some inspiration in this one! 



Thanks for stopping by and watching the video. Join to follow me here on my blog in the upper left corner of the home page and also on You Tube. I have 5 more minis to make so each grand child has one.


Thanks for stopping by and...keep on preserving those memories!
Want to read more at Fabric and Memories? CLICK HERE

This post is linked to the Linky Party for the day. Click on the "Daily Linky Parties" tab at the top of my page and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Craftsy