Thursday, August 1, 2019

Yellow Submarine Quiet Book

It is finally done!  Took a few weeks, most of that spent creating the pages in my head and coming up with fun ideas and things, but....it was all worth it! I know my little grand son will love this quiet book and have a great time playing with it!

It is 11x11 and cotton fabric and felt. Mostly machine sewing, but some gluing too.  I learned how to make little pop up places using the button hole attachment on my sewing machine, got to be all but an expert in making 3-D images, a cool way to use netting and a few other features to make the fun last a long time!

Had a hard time figuring out how to make the cover... I wanted a handle on it, but then the pages would fall forward and look all messed up...so I gave up on a handle, and just made a fabric spine for it.. and a button closure to keep it all together.'

So... take a look at the video and see what you think! This is a You Tube video of the flip through of the whole book. Let me know if you see a favorite page you'd like to create!



Thanks for stopping by and...keep on preserving those memories!
Want to read more at Fabric and Memories? CLICK HERE

This post is linked to the Linky Party for the day. Click on the "Daily Linky Parties" tab at the top of my page and join us!

1 comment:

  1. I love the book Cheri.Not only does it look cute, but there are so many things to do. I hadn't thought about making a memory page. I really love that one. I think it will be a great page to add for my book. Thank you so much for all the wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Craftsy