Monday, May 10, 2021

When Its More About the Writing Than About The "Junking" Journal ....

I have so many junk journals made with all junk papers, signatures, handmade covers from cracker boxes, self bound etc . But now my life has changed and I need to record more memories and say more things as I am away from my grand children and I want to remember them and make sure they remember me!  So I have decided to put away all the supplies and embellishments and focus on the writing part more than the creating part of Journal. Plus, I have made them each 2 junk journals, so they have those to write in themselves so this is more just a reading excursion!

The person that introduced me to this has a facebook page (information below).  She has been making amazing journals with just minor decoration and LOTS of writing! The two put together and they are amazing pages! She has inspired me to do the same! She has a bit more talent than I do, but... I'm Learning! Thanks, Terri!

The first book I  am working on is for myself. I have a very boring life, so not much to write about but I find something every now and then! Previously, I had been writing memories of the my past. Now.. I figure I'd better be writing about now for the future in case I am not here to write about my past when it becomes the future! (Did that make sense???!!)

So I found this bound book at Michaels Clearance  shelf. Nicely bound, thick pages, and just the right size. I did cut  out some of the pages to allow for the thickness when adding things, but also because technically, the book is a planner and I didn't want those pages anyway! I got some Scripto colored gel pens that don't soak through the paper and are bright enough colors so they can be seen without being washed out against the white page.

So here are some pictures of what I have done so far. Not amazing, but at least it is on paper and I am learning! 

 

This is the cover.. a band closure. I made the tabs.. printed them out from online and then cut them and just randomly put them on the pages. Basically, they mean nothing just a few words of inspiration!

 Below.. I just wrote things. Glued a few words from a magazine, added a bit of washi tape.


 This page I added a "flip page". I had this from another book I was making and didn't use. So I taped it to the page with washi tape and then wrote about it on the opposing page. But flip it over and there is writing on the previous page!

 

 

 This one.. not the best visually, but it was a "starter" page... and the 2 circle images I cut from a magazine - instead of stickers! I had some old stamps from scrapbooking days and just jotted down a few lines

 

 Another starter page as I didn't have much washi tape. But these "starter" page I talk about.. helped me get into the groove and  do a little better next time.

 

 These are pages I (pre) decorate and then I will be ready to just write... any time I have something to say or want to tell the girls about. I have found that really helps too... embellish many pages... then write. Don't embellish one, then write and repeat! And I am also getting over my over organizing talent and not making them in chronological order! I have many decorated pages.. I find one that I like at that moment or one that matches what I am writing about and I start writing! Amazing how something so insignificant can calm the stress!!!



 

 So, the journey has begun. I have several pages done, many more to go, but I am finding it easier to just jot a few things down every other night or so. Now.. my next problem issue.. my handwriting!  I have to print as since they don't teach cursive in school anymore, the girls won't be able to read it, so I'd better print. But my printing is sloppy, so I work hard to write nicely! So, stay tuned for more ideas and inspiration. I have 2 other books I am working on!  

 

If you want to see where I got my inspiration from... 

Meet   >>>>>>>   Terri Dudash - Artist 

                                                   (Thanks, Terri!)

 If you want to check out my Junk Journals... at the top of the page.. click on "Junk Journals" and scroll through all of them!
 
Thanks for stopping by and...keep on preserving those memories!
Want to read more at Fabric and Memories? CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Craftsy