Monday, July 30, 2018

#5 Mini Junk Journal Done! For a teen girl!

FINISHED! DONE!!! FINALLY!!

My quest to make a mini junk journal for each of my 5 grand kids.. has been completed! 4 girls and 1 boy... all different ages, but still able to make them  with a little bit of theme they each like!

This is #5 - for my step grand son.. who is 17. I made him a larger one last year and he liked it, but I am pretty sure he isn't going to want a mini, but to be equal to all the kids... I made this one for him... to give to his girl friend!  What young girl wouldn't love one! She'll think he is great! Problem solved!



So I just did teenage 17 year old girl "theme" because I don't even know her but I am sure she will enjoy this mini junk journal.   3"x3"-ish in size. Being so small, it is hard to write on the actual page, so I put a pocket or tuck spot or paper clip on each page to you take the card/tag out...write on it, then tuck it back onto the page. Makes for easy writing!

Here is the video of it you you'd like to see the flip through.



What's next? At first I didn't like altered books but now... I had a sudden Epiphany! My issue was to write all my memories in my own handwriting so when the kids look back on them after I am gone, they will be touched by reading my actual handwritting...etc, etc, etc. Well, I finally realized... what about my memories? They are all fading because of my sloppy handwriting! SO...I decided to just type them out.. and put them on a page. Memories are now getting recorded and EVERYONE can read them!  So.. I used an altered book for the book and learned how to cut out the pages etc. Plus...when I am old and maybe with Alzhiemers...I can look at my own memories and remember, or if I don't know they are mine, I can have a nice "read" about a woman who had some great memories about her really great kids and grand kids!  SO... stay tuned ... join my blog to follow and get notice as soon as I have it done!










If you'd like to see the other 4 mini junk journals I made....here are the YouTube links...

























Harry Potter Theme Mini Junk Journal
Mine Craft Theme Mini Junk Journal
Lace and Frills Mini Junk Journal
Elephants Theme Mini Junk Journal


Thanks for reading and watching and.... back to the scrap bin now!!!!


Thanks for stopping by and...keep on preserving those memories!
Want to read more at Fabric and Memories? CLICK HERE

This post is linked to the Linky Party for the day. Click on the "Daily Linky Parties" tab at the top of my page and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Craftsy