Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Harry Potter returns...Now I need 2 more!

Well, I thought I'd be moving away from Harry Potter, but... you know kids!  My oldest grand daughter, age 19, saw my current Harry Potter quilt hanging on my design wall and flipped out! She squealed and jumped up and down saying it was the coolest thing she's ever seen and asked if she could have it. I didn't even know she liked Harry Potter! But she says she does so that one.. I am going to give to her... which means I need 2 more for the other 2 Potter Head grand daughter!


So.. I just started cutting squares, 3,1/2x3,1/2" and some 4"x4" to make HST's with. And I got some new ideas using Flying Geese too! So for 2 days now, I have been cutting squares.. and now for the fun part...creating the 9x9" blocks!
So far I have this many on the design wall...I will need 20, 9"x9" blocks.

 This one is using Flying Geese squares.

 I am also cutting smaller images and using double sided fusible interfacing and adding them to blank squares for that extra bit of "Harry Potter". I am assuming they will enjoy searching the quilt looking for all the special little Harry Potter things that they can find.
I cut out the little faces from one fabric and made iron-on's out of them!



This one has a little face of each of them.. Harry, Ron and Hermonie that I cut from the fabric and used double sided fusible to attach so the girls can "search" for these!  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and...keep on preserving those memories!
Want to read more at Fabric and Memories? CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Craftsy